shinypenny

Travis Jordan wrote:
Trent-Lion wrote:
We are thinking about getting a stainless steel refrigerator:

Kenmore

Scratching may or may not be a problem. Every couple I know (yes,

even
those without kids) bitch about how hard it is to keep the SS surface
clean. Even with textured surfaces. YMMV.

We have one. Came with our renovated house; as with all the appliances,
it seems the builder bought it as a "scratch & dent" item from the
local Sears store. Therefore, it already came with one minor dent in
it. SS does dent, whereas regular fridges don't. The dent is in an area
nobody ever notices.

I would consider where the fridge is going. Is there a potential that
opening the door could accidentally scratch it, like against the
counter or whatever?

As for keeping it clean, I like it much better than the standard fridge
surface. White fridges show splatters and drips and dirt much more
easily, IMO. You do get fingerprints, but it's no big deal to clean it.
I just use SS appliance spray on it once a week. Only really need to do
the trouble zones, like around the handle and near the ice maker.

Also keep in mind with SS you can't stick magnets all over the fridge.
I personally view this as a benefit, and not a drawback, because I hate
fridge clutter, but YMMV.

If you are considering resale value, I'd definetly go with SS, as it's
the trend nowadays and what people want.

jen