Ron

In addition, ask for references and follow up on them. A good contractor
won't balk at this request.
Ron

"Ron" wrote in message
t...
We have several consumer groups where I live, one is called Diamond
certified. I don't know if you have equivalent there. In Ca a contractor

is
required to have a license for work over $500, I don't know if NJ has an
equivalent system. Better Business bureau is another source:
http://www.bbb.org
Ron

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
Call an attorney who specializes in construction litigation and ask him

the
name of a builder he hasn't sued yet. :)

"Alexander Galkin" wrote in message
I want to build a kitchen addition to my house. Excavation, foundation

and
possible floor framing I want to leave to a contractor. Rest of the

work
will be doing myself. How do I find a good reputable contractor in

central
NJ? I asked several friends of mine, no one built additions so they

cannot
give me any referrals. I had previously very little and bad experience

with
contractors. So this time I want to be very careful. I don't want just

open YellowPages and start calling all building contractors by

alphabet.