RBM

I agree completely with Matt. You want a book that talks in simple, easy to
follow terms, not a code or code translation book and then try to find
someone in the business to take a look at what you do. I am a licensed
"master" electrician in NY and every three years or so when the NEC puts out
a new code book ,I have to buy a book to explain the changes. Believe me,
it's not made for normal people to understand "Matt"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Sam,

No offense, but the book is probably over your head. The terms used in
it, etc, can be confusing to even the most experienced master
electrician; I doubt you will find a single thing in it that will help
you accomplish your goals. Also, the NEC won't list any variations your
locality may enforce.

As you are going to be opening your panel, I'd recc you get a different
type book.... time/life makes some good ones.

If you are worried about passing code, which is a good worry to have,
call the codes dept after you do the work to have someone come check it
out.