Mike Mitchell

Default Heating Costs - scary!

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:13:51 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Huge wrote:

We have a large (5 bed) house, exposed to the elements and we use about
2000 litres a *year*.

2000l a year for us too - 3 bed exposed and relatively uninsulated house
(but recently double glazed).

Something definitely wrong with the OP's house/system.

I think it's the draughts. The difference a few quid's worth of "P"
profile rubber draught excluder made to my house was amazing. Don't
use the foam stuff. It's useless. You could try the "E" profile rubber
variety instead. But I like the aesthetic nature of "P" profile and
you can get it in white (I've seen the "E" profile only in brown).

MM