mac davis

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:21:40 -0600, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

Doug Winterburn wrote:
...good comparative points between RAS and SCMS...

I'd only add that to get anyways close to the precision of a decent
miter saw in a RAS will entail getting a much more expensive RAS.
They're really two completely different animals for differing purposes.
While some functions can overlap, choice of which to get should be
driven by need/usage.

Duane.. I'd agree with your statement, except that the OP was asking about a
SLIDING CMS.. I've heard lots of complaints about the sliding saws regarding
accuracy and "twist" of the saw..

OTOH, the RAS took me a lot more getting used to and had more to learn than the
CMS.. it still feels weird to have the work on the bottom and the blade on top,
moving.. but both of the above do that..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing