Doug Miller

In article 01, Nate Perkins wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
om:

In article . 201,
Nate Perkins wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote in
.com:

Just curious: do the ellipses in the transcript indicate pauses in
Falwell's speaking, or places where some of his words have been
omitted?

(shrug) You have a point?

Just wondering if that's a complete transcript, or if it's been
edited.

That's the second time you've suggested it's a misrepresentation of what
was said. So I challenge you to demonstrate it. Good luck.

That's completely untrue, as is shown above. I have never suggested that it's
a misrepresentation. What I wrote is clear enough to anyone with a working
understanding of the English language, but since you seem to have difficulty
with that, I'll attempt to clarify:

In the transcript you cited, there are ellipses ( "..." ) at several points in
the quotation ascribed to Falwell. Ellipses, when quoting a speaker, are
generally used for one of two purposes: to indicate omitted words, or to
indicate pauses in speech. I'm just curious which of the two it is in this
case. If you don't know, why don't you just say so?

--
Regards,