Will

derekd wrote:
Thanks to all who answered. I like the idea of later changin it to an
electric motor (that "getting old thing"), but I also like the idea of
foot-power. I am going to be turning pipes and whistles, fifes and other
tube-type thingys.

Make sure you post a link to pictures when done. Know that I would like
to see them.

I need a chick and steady rest for boring the holes (with
a gun-drill), and a hollow tailstock to feed said gun drill.

Well if you get a "chick" to help in that way let us know. Maybe we are
all missing an opportunity. :-) Understand the need for "steady rest" if
the idea works out. :-) Does SWMBO know about this idea?

( Sure you meant chuck - but it reads better this way. :-)) )

I recall one of the the lathes on the net having two pedals so that the
operator could sit while working the machine.

Maybe it was so the "chick" could help. :-)

Derek

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek