Jerry Foster

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message
In rec.crafts.metalworking,
Don Foreman wrote:
I would recommend going with a 20 cu ft acetylene and 40 cu ft oxy.
The cost isn't much different and they cost about the same to fill so
your gas cost goes way down and you don't have to get them filled as
often. It doesn't take long to deplete an MC acetylene even with
light torchwork. They're a little heavy to "tote" both at once, but
they're very easy to handle on a small two-wheel dolly.

I've seen those kits availble with and without the cylinders. So
you'd recommend I get one without the cylinders and get bigger ones?
I haven't found prices for cylinders online. My local gas supplier
would probably be praxair and I can't find any prices on their site,
nor even what cylinder sizes they would have. Maybe I'll have to
stop by the store.

Elijah
------
likes to know exactly what to get before entering the store

So, stop by Praxair and talk to them. I deal with them regularly, as well
as with two of their competitors (that are a little closer). All three are
very
good people to deal with. One small hint: if they're open on Saturday,
that
is the time to go. Most of their big customers are closed then and Saturday
is when they expect the "hobby" business and they generally have more
time to answer "newbie" questions.

And tell them up front that you are just looking for information, expecting
to make a decision "later." You don't have to buy the first time you go in.
They're not going to try to "high pressure" you into anything. They want
happy, loyal customers who keep coming back...

Jerry