I just bought the oxy-acy. rig pictured. It is excellent, and cost me
about 250 also. It cost me 40 bucks to get both cylinders filled. My
advice is buy it and don't waste your money on anything less than
oxy-acy.
I previously bought a oxy mapp gas kit from Lowes which uses a regular
sized mapp gas bottle and a oxygen bottle of the same size. That was 50
bucks but there was a catch - the oxygen cylinders they sell to use
with the kit are pressured gas NOT liquid oxygen - hence you get about
5 -8 mins burn time only and they cost 11 bucks each. That ends up
being very expensive.
I also have a high temp mapp torch and a regular propane torch - both
fine for plumbimg work or melting brass/broze but really very
frustrating/useless on any serious work. If you want to do any work
with steel then oxy. acy. is a must.
Buy the kit - you pay out but you only pay once - you get the right
thing and it's yours with no monthly fees on cylinders to worry about.