ATP*

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"ATP*" wrote in message

Our local IR dealer sets up the IR T30 5 hp with a 3 hp motor on a

different
pulley, slowing down the pump speed which should reduce oil carry-over.

They
use this setup for compressors supplying pneumatic control systems,
accompanied by appropriate filters and a refrigerated dryer. It's a more
rugged setup than the Speedaire climate control air compressors.

So long as it has a pressurized lube system I spose that should be okay

But I'm pretty sure doing that to a machine having a slinger or dippers
would probly be ill advised.

They claim it's what IR does when they build climate control compressors.