Chuck Hoffman

I haven't tried that so I can't definitively answer your question but I
assume it would at least help. For the money cuts, one way to do this is to
make the edge cuts with your finish table saw blade and plow out the
remainder of the material with the dado set. PITA? Time consuming?
Difficult? Yes, all of the above. But if you want the piece to look nice,
some time/effort is required.

"Paul in MN" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
MSCHAEF.COM wrote:
I was in Lowe's the other day and saw a Freud 8 (and 1/2", I think)
stackable dado set for just under $100. What kind of experiences

have
people had with this set? Compared to a $260 Forrest, I'm assuming
the Freud will tear out the edges more and leave more ridges in the
bottom of the dado?

Thanks,
Mike
--
http://www.mschaef.com

The SD208 is fine if you are doing a groove (with the grain) or
plywood. If you are doing a dado (crosscut), go to a SD308. Almost

no
info on this very very nice dado, but you can get it on Amazon or at

professional supplier.

I ordered an SD 208 from a Buy It Now place on eBay for under 80 bucks
delivered. It got to my place the day after I left for work so I don't
get to play for a while. I was wondering however about the crosscut
tearout that is commonly mentioned about this blade. Would scoring the
outside marks with a razor knife prior to cutting help to eliminate
this?

Cheers,

Paul