Duane Bozarth

Doug Winterburn wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:57:21 -0600, Duane Bozarth wrote:

Doug Winterburn wrote:
All the inexpensive ones I've seen (including my own) simply aren't rigid
enough nor precise enough in the locking mechanisms to be all that
repeatable. Yours apparently is at least enough to satisfy you for what
you use it for...

As usual, ymmv, imo, $0.02, etc., ...

Yup, accurate and repeatable satisfies me :-) As Eakes puts it:

"Things that move must move smoothly and firmly."
"Things that should not move, must not move."

I like that...
Sorta' like Einsten's "Things should be as simple as possible, but not
simpler."

I've just not seen one of the cheaper Sears or my old inexpensive
DeWalt/B&D that was the first "woodworking" tool I bought in about '79
or '80 that would actually satisfy the second of the two criteria. Fine
for light work but just not sturdy enough for heavy. I use it now
almost exclusively for cutoff saw as it's too underpowered for much of
what I otherwise used to use it for when I had no choice. When (read
IF ) I get the shop moved up to the haymow so if have the room, I
intend to get an Original Saw Company behemoth if I can eventually
locate one for a reasonable price.