Slowhand

"Chris Nail" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a friend that is contemplating the purchase of a radial arm
saw vs. a sliding compound miter saw. Most of the work will be around
his home as he's doing "home improvement" type work. I don't have a
clue about a radial arm saw but have used a sliding compound miter saw
some. Could you all please give some advantages/disadvantages or
compare the two?

I have both in my shop. My chopsaw is nice because it is portable if
necessary and changing angles and bevels is fast and accurate.

I like the ras because it will crosscut (which is my primary use) up to 14".
My chopsaw will only crosscut 8". I'm just the type of guy that needs both.
SH