Leon

"Chris Nail" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a friend that is contemplating the purchase of a radial arm
saw vs. a sliding compound miter saw. Most of the work will be around
his home as he's doing "home improvement" type work. I don't have a
clue about a radial arm saw but have used a sliding compound miter saw
some. Could you all please give some advantages/disadvantages or
compare the two?

Thanks,

Chris Nail

Kinda like comparing a Corvette and an 18 wheeler. They will both cut wood,
but the Radial Arm Saw will do basic functions that a sliding compound miter
saw will never do. Like rip a board. If you need to make boards narrower
and accurately forget the slider.