Harold and Susan Vordos

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Harold and Susan Vordos says...

I *told* him to turn off the circuit breaker. The
former house owner had switched the outlet - on the
neutral side.

Wow! Some people really should leave things to others that are

qualified.
As dumb as I am, I know better than to do that.

Well in his defense he was a fairly new home-owner. I think I was
about 8 at the time, which meant we were in the house 7 years.
It was his first and it was kind of tough for him to deal with all
the sub-systems. He's not terribly mechanically inclined, but
he does have a phd in the biological sciences.

He's actually gotten a good deal more skilled at home-ownership
as the years have gone by.

Jim

Oh, not your dad, Jim. The former owner! Switching the neutral!

I recall asking if I could leave our boat at a filling station once, while
we were headed for Lake Powell. We had to attend a wedding in Price, Utah,
which was on the way, so we would have several hours layover, and the
refrigerator, which ran on batteries, would kill them. By plugging in,
the refrigerator would run on line voltage. Someone had wired the
receptacle that knew zip about wiring, and it, too, was wired in reverse.
I had to rewire it before it would work properly. Some things are best
left to those with knowledge.

Harold