patrick conroy

"Patriarch" wrote in message
7.136...

JOAT has been telling wannabe wood dorkers to build a rocker, rather than
crib or cradle, for children on the way. He's right.

We have one grandchild approaching two years old, and two more due by mid
summer. Their cribs are taken care of. I'd like to build a rocking
chair.
Actually, maybe three or four.

Personal experience chiming in... I've got a 4 1/2 yr old and two 3 yr old
twins. We have a "rocker" in every room. I too agree with JOAT, that they've
been invaluable, but they certainly have seen a dramatic drop-off in use.
Seem's like aroun 2 1/2, for all three, the rocker was used less frequently,
in lieu of them climbing into directly into bed for book-reading-time.

We actually have one rocker and two gliders. Far and away, the gliders are
preferred here. The motion is preferred and they don't squeak.