Mike Marlow

"Will" wrote in message

The last few versions of Slackware don't seem to have that issue.
Version 7 was a little frustrating.

The current version - 10.1 seems to slick as a gooses' ...

Older machines can often be easier -- since the drivers are now well
understood. Even the AMD64 based server was not that bad though. Linux
on the AMD64 was a lot simpler than Windows Server 2003 (64 bit). It
runs Linux all the time. Easier install, fewer hassles.

Been in the tech business quite a while. Linux seems to be just fine
now. Five years ago Linux was pretty flaky. I am still more used to
Mainframe systems and their Multi-user OS than these new fangled PC's.

Each to their own.

I know I'll regret this decision, but maybe I'll go ahead and take a look at
Slackware. I just know what will happen once I sit down and start screwing
with something like this...

--

-Mike-