Gunner

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:37:52 -0500, "ATP*" wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:34:58 -0500, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Appreciate the info.
Even the Sears et al *oil* compressors are crappy and unreliable?? I know
the oil-less ones are miserable, but I was hoping the oil would be at
least
passable.

Will check out the classifieds. "Pennysaver" over here.

Ayup..I run into all manner of commercial air compressors here in
California darned cheap. My old DeVilbis twin single stage was made
around 1963 and is just now starting to clank ever so softly. 60
gallon tank.
Ill be bringing home a I-R this weekend. 2 stage, 7 hp 3ph motor which
will be replaced by a 5hp 240 single phase.

Why not run it on a VFD?

How much does a 7hp VFD cost?
If its more than pocket change....it aint in the cards.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"