On 8 Feb 2005 12:01:13 -0800, someone wrote:

My designer told me that the stain colors have to contrast. The woods
do not have to be different, though.

a kitchen, or will it look bad. i was told to have a contrast...

OK so you have been TOLD directly, and now you have been TOLD what
someobdy else says somebody else TOLD them....need to be told any
more? This is a matter of taste, NOT of building code, structural
engineering or other FACTUAL matter. Its for you, not for us, none of
us will ever see your kitchen floor or cabinets. If you want same
wood, do you need our permission to get it?