Nate Perkins

"Dan White" wrote in
oups.com:

Nate Perkins wrote:

I wonder what our British posters will think of your assertion that

they
get "filtered news."

Do you really think Brits get the full range of views of an American
news event that we get, and vice versa?

I think they do get better news than we do. More in depth. More
evenhanded. If more American news were like BBC World News I would like
it a lot better. I think the news in America is really superficial.

Light bulbs are going off all the time in CO. But it's not likely

that
I will have an epiphany that will cause me to convert to the neo-con
cause anytime soon, though.

Neo-con? You've got your talking points down pat!

"Neo-con" is not meant to be a talking point. It's a distinguishing
philosophy of neoconservatism, which is different from traditional
conservatism. One definition characterizes the difference as "Compared
to other U.S. conservatives, neoconservatives are characterized by an
aggressive stance on foreign policy, a lesser social conservatism, and
weaker dedication to a policy of minimal government."

I can use a more politically correct term if you want. Since I am not a
neo-con, I don't mind using PC terms if needed ;-P