Grant Erwin

OK, you guys are awesome. I went back into the little Dumore motor and
lo and behold the brush leads I'd thought were riveted on were in fact
held on by trick little clips. I popped them off with a dental tool, took
the nut off the switch and pushed it in, and the whole stator/field
assembly slid out into my hand.

Boy is this motor built nice. Anyone ever opened up an old piece of
Tektronix test equipment? Those were built like jewelry, real pride and
super craftsmanship. This little Dumore is built like that. You can
see where the armature was balanced, and even the old (1940s) friction
tape was cut so it wound a perfect T, like hospital corners on a bed.
Now it'll be easy to fix and super-clean.

Time to start worrying about where to find ball-end router bits with
3/16" shanks. Anyone have a clue? The only ones I can find are either
1/4" or 1/8" shanks.

Grant