Martin H. Eastburn

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

RoyJ wrote:

Self cleaning temp usually in the 700F range.

That sounds like it'd be just about right for drying out some stick
welding rods I've had sitting around for years.

Comments?

Jeff (Who is really looking for an excuse to buy a thermocouple gauge.)

Did mine in the propane Bar-B-Que Have thermo control and multiple measurements.
I did it in an old cooking tray - that is now a shop tray to sort parts in.

Easy to do it there. In the house - you don't have control of the ramp up - on - down.

Normally you need more than 2 hours at temp... Read the data.

I put mine into plastic sealing bags and drew a vac to seal. Used a fold of
Cola box (thin but dense cardboard) folded over the metal ends as they are sharp.

Then I found some surplus Ammo boxes - just the size of 100# of sticks - with a rubber seal.
Nice box - but heavy when full. (found at the army surplus store)

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer