Paul King

Hugh wrote:
Can a CH motorised valve become faulty, but still be operated by the
lever? - and it's the valve - not the motor which has been replaced.

So, if I read this correctly, you've gone to all the trouble of (hopefully
partially) draining down the system in order to replace the valve, re-fitted
the (unknown quality) motor, refilled and bled the system, and now find that
it still doesn't work...

All in all, its usually (IME) the motor which burns out. This can be
replaced without draining the sysyem at all.

If it *IS* the valve which is faulty, I'd have replaced the whole goddam
shooting match, and have done with it!

YMMV