Andy Asberry

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:02:26 -0600, wws wrote:

Andy Asberry wrote:
I've Googled and surfed with no success. I've left messages on several
forums. No luck.

I have an owner's manual and parts list for an Illinois brand tractor.
The copyright date is 1919. They were made in Bloomington, Illinois.

Anybody ever hear of one? Recommendations for more info? I would think
a mint manual with the warranty registration card still inside would
be more scarce than a tractor. If there is a tractor out there, I've
got your manual.

I found one reference.

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/ar.../artint208.htm

"Illinois 18-30"

Good job! You guys are evidently better at searching than me. By the
way, someone told me the 18 was drawbar hp and the 30 was belt pulley
hp. If true, those huge gearboxes soak up a lot of power.

In keeping with this group, it also had change gears. Under a cover on
the left side of the transmission were two meshed gears on splined
shafts. One of 23 teeth and one of 27 teeth. Reversing the position of
these gears changed the top speed from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 mph.