Mr Fixit eh

Thanks Bob and Bruce.

The email address is good, I filter it for spam, so just use a subject
like 'tablesaw'.

I had discovered these threads earlier. I took the bolts out and added
lock washers based on your suggestion. Has anybody got a torque value.
I don't want to strip the threads or break a bolt. On the other hand,
I had the blade adjusted to .0001 a week ago, and it 'lost' the
adjustment over about 30 cuts, so I want them to be tight enough so it
doesn't happen again.

Sure would be nice to make this adjustment in 15minutes. I spent about
5 hours last night. The problem was that I'd get the adjustment
bang-on, then when I tightened up the trunnion bolts, the adjustment
would be all-wrong again.

My 'discoveries':

1. I clamped the trunnions to the tabletop. This way, when the bolts
are loosened up, the assembly stays 'put', and the after-tightening
alignment is alot closer to what I started with.

2. I found that the front trunnion bolt on the right-hand side (facing
the saw) had the most detrimental effect on the alignment when doing
final tightening. I tightened this bolt to full torque first, then
made any corrections, then tightened up the other bolts.

Using these two 'tricks', I was able to get the blade to within .002"

Cuts on the crosscut sled are pretty much burn-free now. Should I be
happy and call it quits and just pray it 'stays put'?