Charles Krug

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 11:28:30 -0600, MSCHAEF.COM wrote:
In article .com,
Why I'd even bet money that the "expert" in the tool section would
gladly explain how that blade fits nicely on any 10" circular or chop
saw.

An 8" Dado on a circular saw... now there's a scary thought. That's
almost as bad as a moulding head. ;-)

-Mike

I suspect that feed rate makes much more difference than diameter. How
many of you are using the full depth of cut on an 8" dado without a sled
in hard maple?

I've never made a dado deeper than 3/8" which my Dad's old 1/2HP
contractor saw can usually do Just Fine without bogging down.

It might take a bit more time for the blade to spin up--second moment
varies as the square of the spinning diameter. Caculate the difference
for homework . . .

But the load on the motor during actual cutting depends on your depth of
cut, feed rate, and material.