Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Alun

If you have enough power, yes use the higher speed for wet thick wood.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Alun Saunders wrote:

I've measured the standard saw blade that came with the saw, and it
appears to be a 3/8" 3tpi blade, so I'm OK there it seems.

Regarding the speed, it is a dual speed saw, a Record Power BS300, and
according to the manual ...

"The BS300 has two blade speeds 360 m/min (1190 feet/
min) for hardwoods, some plastics and certain non ferrous
metals and 780 m/min (2580 feet/min) for all other timber."

I figured that since most of the wood I would be cutting would qualify
as "hardwood" I'd use the slower setting, but are you saying I should be
using the higher setting?