Harold and Susan Vordos

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" (clip) how I used to lap the dashpots of my S.U.

carburettors
on the dining room table (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well, how about MY mother. I brought home some printing plates that I

found
in the trash, and I inked them up and ran them through the wringer on

our
washing machine. Mom didn't object. Or when I used her sewing machine

perforate paper.

That's a good mom. Do you suppose they still make them like that?

--
Ed Huntress

By contrast, when I took my class in electricity in high school, the first
thing the teacher taught us was to ground washing machines----obviously at a
time before the ground wire was an integral part of typical wiring (back in
'55, it was), and death by electrocution while washing wasn't exactly
unheard of.

First thing I did when I got home was run a ground wire to an overhead water
pipe and connect it to the washer. My mother went to her grave secure in
the knowledge that I had tried to kill her by electrocution, and no amount
of explaining what the wire was for changed her mind. She refused to wash
clothes until the wire was removed. Ignorance, and lack of trust in one's
offspring, can create some very bad memories.

Harold