Grant Erwin

I figure I have little to lose by trying an external splice first. I talked
to a guy at Dumore and he says that the Carvits were really cool little
machines and he personally collects them. He says it's quite difficult to
remove the field structure and splice a new power cord inside the motor, but
a pro motor shop could do it but watch out for your wallet. So I'm not going
to go that way unless I have to.

I'll try shooting the pictures tonight but I don't seem to be any good at
closeup work, it always comes out fuzzy no matter what I do on this camera.

Grant

Tim Wescott wrote:
jim rozen wrote:

In article , Grant Erwin says...

I know some of you guys are pretty handy on an electronics bench, how
does this
sound to you?

Don't suppose there's any chance you could put a photo in the
drop box? I would not make any recommendations before seeing
the situation.

Jim

Include some pictures of the brush housing. You _really_ want to do it
the right way if there is any possibility of making it happen -- maybe
we can help you get in there instead of doing the splice.