Tony Eva wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I hate the b***dy things and would replace it with a wall one

outside the
bathroom - if necessary.

A kindred spirit! My builder looked at me very oddly when I said I
wanted the bathroom light switches outside on the wall,

I can live with the remote possibility of somebody accidentally (or
deliberately) turning off the lights while I'm in there, if it means
avoiding those horrible dangly bits of string :-)

eek.

Try hanging a heavy cast aluminium light pull from the 'dangly bit of
string' to make the newly refurbed bathroom look nice & finished off.

Cue my girlfriend shaking out a towel in there and getting the end
caught up in the string, whipping the aforementioned light pull into
just underneath her eye giving her a big shiner.

Pleased she was not :-0 !!

Cheers,

Paul.