Colum Mylod

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 17:39:07 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message
.. .
On 7 Feb 2005 19:08:14 GMT, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:
What about using an occupancy sensor rather than a switch?

How's a bloke to pee in the dark if there's an occupancy sensor? :-)

Close your eyes?

Fair point. My unserious reply hid my preference for moving about in
the twilight hours without suffering lights on, so for me an occupancy
sensor is not the best solution (perhaps on a timeswitch, hmmm). I
thought of replacing the ker-chunk I suffer with some hi-tech wave
hand in front sensor (e.g. a beam break switch) but the only ones I
dug up were high tech and high price.

Occupancy sensors would have the same problem in loos as they do in
offices - people sit still for a while and plunge into the dark.
Especially true if the loo is in a bathroom and the victim has a long
soak. Not sure of the regs in such a situation of the lights going out
suddenly?

--
New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com