Gunner

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:07:59 -0800, Tom wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:03:13 -0800, Tom wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 19:25:53 -0800, Tom wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 09:51:49 -0800, Tom wrote:

Cone pulleys are NOT cone drives Tom...a horse of a much different
color.

Gunner

Like the person who brought cone drives you can't read what Jim posted!

He posted:
"If I really wanted a *true* variable speed lathe, I would purchase
a cone pulley machine and fit it with a three phase motor and a VFD."

Tom

Yes and? It still remains that cone drives are NOT cone pullys.

Your point was?

Gunner

You're got the comprehension skills of the person who introduced
cone drives to the thread, bugger all.

Tom

I ask again..your point was?

Gunner

You made a statement:
"It still remains that cone drives are NOT cone pullys."

Yes. Its quite true.

Prove it in the context of the post in which cone pulley
lathes were first mentioned.

Why?

Tom

Gunner

Ever gutless, making statements you can't sustain...

Tom....did you recently suffer a debilitating head injury?
My sympathies to your family

" Traction drives depend upon friction between a speed adjusting
mechanism and specially shaped input and output plates to achieve
adjustable speed with relatively high efficiency. In one common type
of traction drive, the motor drives an input cone that transmits the
power from the cone to an output ring connected to the output shaft.
The speed adjusting screw moves the motor and input cone up and down
changes the point of contact between the cone and ring changing, the
speed ratio of the drive as much as 10:1. With another common type of
traction drive, a series of balls mounted on tiltable shafts press
upon the faces of the input and output cones. A speed adjusting lead
screw tilts the ball shafts to increase or decrease the effective
speed ratio of the drive transmission by as much as 8:1. Traction
drives are best suited for applications with steady state loading."

(pictures of how they work)
http://cvt.com.sapo.pt/reduce_axial_...al_sliding.htm

Cone pulleys
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=610

I suggest contacting a medical professional as soon as possible.
Perferably a mental health professional.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"