Silvan

Steve Knight wrote:

http://matt-massie.com/archives/images/24fitness.jpg
I really cracked up with this picture.

Escalators. Outside. Escalators outside? Escalators OUTside?
shakes head in bafflement

Must be some left coast thing. A climate where it doesn't rain much, and
only snows a few times a century.

Anyway, I hate escalators. They're too slow.

On the general topic though, some of you have probably seen that ad where
the guy goes up to the lost & found desk with two jiggly pink blobby
things. They turn out to be love handles. "Lots of people lose their love
handles taking the stairs instead of the escalator."

Well, I'm here to tell you it ain't so. When SWMBO was in the hospital, I
visited umpty times a day, and I only took the elevator down on the day
they released her. I could almost always walk past the people waiting at
the elevator, another 50-100' or so down the hall, then up four flights of
stairs, then back 50-100' to the elevator, to be walking past as the
baffled people from the ground floor were emerging. "How the hell did you
get up here so fast?"

I bought a pedometer, and I was logging 10,000 steps a day easy.

It didn't do jack **** for my love handles, or my weight either one. All it
did was further carve my already sculpted legs. Sculpted legs with a big
blob of Hank Hill grafted on top. I'm a truck driver. I can leg press 500
pounds (or I could if my damn sorry ass knees were up for the strain) but
above the waist I'm a bowl full of jelly.

My love handles are still firmly attached. I have legs that would make any
leg wimminz (there are leg men, so there must be leg wimminz, right?) get
all gah-gah, but everything north of there looks terrible. It's extremely
depressing. (Well, my forearms are sculpted nicely too. Not quite Popeye,
but getting in that neighborhood. I don't want to talk about my biceps
though.)

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/