Jim Sehr

I used to make a blind bushing for each drill and most of the time I would
leave the bushing sticking out of the turret and drill a cross hole thru the
side of the bushing to the center,then I would press a piece of copper tube
into hole leaving about an inch sticking out, then slip a rubber
tube feeding the coolent to drill. Most of the time coolent
would flush out the chips so no need to peck drill.
Jim

"ATP*" wrote in message
For the drills with the oil feed holes parallel to the shank, which run
from one end of the drill to the other, is a different bushing made for
every diameter of drill? Also, is the oil fed under pressure? I was
contemplating settting up something to use oil-fed drills in the tailstock
of my lathe. I'm finding a lot of stuff about the drill bits themselves,
but not much on the equipment needed to run them. TIA.