Andy Asberry wrote:
I've Googled and surfed with no success. I've left messages on

several
forums. No luck.

I have an owner's manual and parts list for an Illinois brand

tractor.
The copyright date is 1919. They were made in Bloomington, Illinois.

UNREAL !!!!!

I spent my WHOLE childhood in, around, and on top of an operating 1920
Illinois.
It was My grandfathers, and he was just plain crazy over steam power.
Sawing, Pulling Stumps, Threshing........

Anybody ever hear of one? Recommendations for more info? I would

think
a mint manual with the warranty registration card still inside would
be more scarce than a tractor. If there is a tractor out there, I've
got your manual.

I think you DO have a very RARE object. from what my Grandad always
said, there were only 3 known tractors in the states. Of course,
stranger things have turned up, but I know it is the ONLY one I EVER
saw ANYWHERE !

The Engine was sold after my grandfather passed on. It is located in
Chilton Wisconsin, about 25 miles from me. I get to see (and Smell...
Ohhh the smell ! Oil, Grease, Hot Steam ... COAL ! ) it every year at
the Chilton Steam Show.

If you do not get any takers, I would search the owner down for you.
I will tell you that if I had that, I would be VERY Tempted to make a
copy. I have NEVER seen literature for one either.

Boy, you have something really neat there !

Thanks,
Chris L