On 8 Feb 2005 16:08:00 GMT, Ignoramus6625
wrote:

On 8 Feb 2005 07:42:34 -0800, wrote:
Do you ever find 12v dc power supplies through those government
auctions? I am looking for about a 20 amp one.

I do not have anything like that right now, I believe that I have a
24V or 48V one, but have not checked it out yet. Can you use a battery
charger? I bought one at walmart for about $80, it can supply 20A 14
or so volts continuously.

You don't want a battery charger - they are poorly filtered and poorly
regulated. A good HAM radio mobile power supply, or one from a stereo
(auto) demo rack does a good job. I have an 11 amp unit, and used to
have a 25.