Brian

that people often take the Inspection report to the
bargining table and use it as a deal breaker, ie, EITHER FIX ALL
THE PROBLEMS IN THE REPORT or DROP THE PRICE OR WE WALK.

Yeah, and ... The seller IS responsible to fix/remedy all major
defects.
Every home has some minor defects.

Get an inspection, find very reputable inspector been in business for
long time.

If a house has structural problems, water damage, failed septic system,
asbestos,
bad plumbing (PB pipes), termites, faulty aluminum wires,
non-functional HVAC, or
leaking roof you will be out a lof of money.

Most states require sellers disclosure. Seller must disclose those
issues.

If your inspector find any of the major defects ask seller fix it, or
reduce the price.

If he refuses, remind him and his agent that he NOW will be required to
disclose major defects found by your inspector. If his broker values
his/hers
license they will.

I had to spend some dough to fix major defects on my house, prior to
market.

Minor defects is a different issue, I refused to fix em, unless they
cheap to fix.

Brian