Bob Pietrangelo

Take that dip tube and drill that 1/8" hole with a 1/2" or larger
drill bit, or better yet, replace it entirely with a piece of real
pipe. While you are doing this, be sure to call your congressman and
cuss at the S.O.B.

PS. As far as toilets, they are not as easy to modify. I prefer
finding a decent older toilet, and rebuilding it.

Mark

On 6 Feb 2005 15:17:33 -0800, "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:

The plastic dip tube in my heater was made with a 1/8" hole a few
inches from the top. What's the purpose of this hole, and what
direction should it face?

--

If you drill out the top of the dip tube, which is where that 1/8" hole is,
wouldn't that just recycle cold water at the top of the tank, therefore

Bob Pietrangelo

www.comfort-solution.biz