My designer told me that the stain colors have to contrast. The woods
do not have to be different, though.

My new kitchen has medium honey-colored maple cabinets and oak floors
with a Minwax stain color called Provincial.

Hope this helps.

wrote:
im about to remodel my kitchen. i want to get a golden oak floor,
golden oak cabinets and a dark solid surface counter top with

stainless
steel appliances. can you put the same color oak cabinets and floor

in
a kitchen, or will it look bad. i was told to have a contrast between
the floor and cabinets. i also have a oak kitchen table and chairs. i
really dont know how to contrast the cabinets vs the floor. do i need
darker oak cabinets or different woods all together?