Hal

Default Swimming Pool with Insulation.

Yes
We have a ratty
He (they) live under the workshop
We see them in the winter lol
regards

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 18:50:53 +0000 (UTC), "Hal"
wrote:

We have no moles in the garden but mice and rats are around.
The rats bit is nothing to do with me lol

Don't you believe it!

About 6 months ago my wife heard something scurrying in the loft above
the bedroom. She got the pest guy from the local council out to take a
look. Sure enough, he found the footprints in the dust of a rat.

Ratty was apparently taking a look-see. Nothing up in our loft (apart
from the insulation that all new houses have), so it left and hasn't
bothered coming back.

After speaking with a neighbour it turns out that Ratty's are quite
common around these parts - and it's quite a new estate.

Apparently (according to the local pest control officer) the water
companies stopped polluting the drain systems with anti-vermin
measures not so long ago, and the rat population is significantly
increasing across the UK as a direct result.

Naturally that'll be because Joe Public demands that water companies
keep the water bills as low as possible, and keeping the rat
population at bay was an expense that could be afforded.

1666 here we come.....

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk