Dave

Barry, I've been using a program called SketchUp for doing my
woodworking drawings. It is incredibly fast and intutitive. It was
designed as computerized version of sketching on a napkin for
architects. Not really intended as a CAD drawing but because it will
allow you to add dimensions, I use it that way. 3D drawings are nice to
let other visualize what you have planned. I also have the client sit
down and tell me what they want while I draw. It's kind of like the
artists who draw crooks based on witness descriptions.

For this stuff of talking about ideas on the internet, I like it
because a picture is worth a thousand words.

If you want to see some other things I've drawn with it, there are a
bunch of drawings scattered through my album he
http://www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Dave-R1s-Album?page=1

Dave