Charles Krug

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 08:52:49 -0800, mac davis
wrote:
On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 22:29:34 -0500, jaime wrote:

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 20:45:38 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

There are more than a few software people inhabiting this virtual space.
Hence, we often feel it is our livelihood being threatened.

Given the low cost and/or free software made available....

Patriarch

I can understand how you feel but there are many people out there who
cannot afford the high costs of many of these software programs.

Software is only "cheap" in the distribution. Making it WORK is hard.
What numerical accuracy do you expect from your ATM machine in a
32-digit calculation? Now try to get that kind of accuracy out of a PC.

While you're working on that, I'll reproduce the works of Norm,
Stickley, Chippendale, and every anonymous Shaker who ever lived.

Oh . . . and I recommend the slrn newsreader.