Doc Font

In article sTZNd.11502$K54.3956@edtnps84,
"derekd" wrote:

Has anyone ever built a treadle lathe, and what exsperiences/insight could
you share.
Derek

Hi Derek.

I've been active in the Society for Creative Anachronisms for twenty
mumble, mumble years. The SCA recreates loosely the arts, crafts and
activities in the middle ages. I've tried out a few treadle, and hand
cranked, lathes over the years but too lazy to use one in my shop. They
are fun to demonstrate to the crowds of mundane folk at renassaince
faires. Just keep the tools sharp and make light cuts.

Consider doing a websearch for "SCA treadle lathe" if you want to folks
who been there done that. Or the ones who enjoy researching the
technology of medievil times.

like; http://www.his.com/~tom/sca/lathes.html
http://www.his.com/~tom/sca/projects/treadlelathe.html

I hope the day finds you well