mac davis

On 7 Feb 2005 22:43:02 -0800, "Earl" wrote:

Hey, Mac, if you are still following this thread (it's getting pretty
old now) if your 3/4 horse is bogging down on 4'" firewood, it's the
blade. I used to have that problem, too, and bought a good blade from
Grizzly when I bought the repair part I needed and the saw ran like I
couldn't believe it. I had read alot of times about buying good blades
and kept picking blades up at Home Depot--now I know a good blade!.I
just ran a full 6" piece of dry madrone through the saw and as long as
I didn't push too hard, it went through it like butter.

Earl

I follow 'em all, Earl, especially the ones that I start... getting one hell of
a "webucation"...

The saw bogged badly but it was mostly operator error... when I changed from the
1/4" or whatever the saw came with, (I got lazy, since it came with the blade
installed), and put the 1/2" blade on (still Ridgid) the problems went away..

After further reading, i think the main difference was not just the blade size,
but the TPI... less teeth, faster cut..
I don't know what the factory 1/4" blade was, but the 1/2" is 4 TPI and the old
one must have been at least twice that many..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing