Richard Beri

Dick wrote:
We need to buy new toilets. We currently have very nice Kohler's, but
they are of the 3-1/2 gallon or possibly more design. We are on a
septic system and need to reduce our water useage. What is the latest
in 1.6 or 1.4 toilet design that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? We
want something that still looks nice like the Kohlers.

Our new house has these low flow toilets. Without going into too much
detail, sometimes during an extended sitting they may require a flush
halfway through. If you fill it too much it will clog and won't flush
at the end. I think these toilets are designed with a single flush for
a #1. #2's require a flush and hold to remove everything (or like I
said above an intermediate flush). I suppose in the end they do save water.