willshak

On 2/5/2005 11:02 AM US(ET), Platebanger took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

Hi Folks, I'm looking for the best way to attach 2X4 studs to a cement
basement wall. I plan on painting the wall with a moisture barrier paint
(DRYLOCK) then installing the studs, Ridged foam insulation between then a
vapor barrier, then drywall.

Any suggesting would be welcomed.
Thanks
Dick

I placed a plate on the floor and used a power gun (.22 cal) with
concrete nails to secure it. You don't need a lot of nails.
I then nailed up a top plate to the joists, making sure it was plumb to
the bottom plate. Then installed studs 16" OC between the plates and
toenailed them in.

--
Bill