Ed Sirett

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 09:24:58 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Mike wrote:
I'd hope not, as it would present a fire path.

I expect both purlins sit side by side on the common wall.

I'll bet it varies area to area with old houses. Don't some terraces 'oop
north' have common roof voids? Or was Coronation Street wrong? ;-)

I'm one of the trustees of such a place in N17. The roof voids were
common to several houses I have isolated ours by building a aircrete
block wall - the purlin still goes right through though.