Chaos Master

This is Mark D. Zacharias for forever:
I would think any board which would support an AMD 800 would be good to at
least 4 gig, maybe signifcantly more.

In fact, I have done (some adjustments, system reinstall) for a friend's
PC: a 750MHz AMD Duron (sp?) (SOYO motherboard) with a 40GB hard drive,
and worked perfectly.

And I have seen 500MHz AMD K6-2 PC's with 20GB hard drives.

I suppose a motherboard made in 2000 or 2001 will support up to 80GB
hard drives.

Otherwise a PCI IDE controller card is a good option (even more so if
going to use hard drives bigger than 128GB with an older PC).

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from Canoas, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil - 29.55° S
/ 51.11° W / GMT-2h / 15m .

"People told me I can't dress like a fairy.
I say, I'm in a rock band and I can do what the hell I want!"
-- Amy Lee