Nate Perkins

Phisherman wrote in
:

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 07:06:32 GMT, Nate Perkins
wrote:

Hi all,

After a couple of years of woodworking the concrete floor in my shop
area looks pretty mucked up. Spilled glue spots, finishing mess, etc.

Is there a good way to clean it besides renting a power sander?

And are there any sealants that can be put on the concrete that will
keep the glue and mess from sticking ... for example, Thompson
Waterseal, paints, epoxy, etc?

Thanks in advance.

There are epoxy sealers for concrete floors. I applied mine using a
mop. I remove dried glue with a putty knife.

That sounds like the ticket. What sort of epoxy sealer did you use? I
did a Google and found lots of types ... Duraseal, Rhinofloor,
Floorcote, etc. Some seem to require an acid etch, and some just need a
degreaser prior to application.

I get the impression that some are true epoxies and others are "epoxy-
based paints."

Anything that would render the floor a little more non-stick would be
great. I am finding that once the glue dries on my existing concrete
it's a real bugger to get off. And the floor is getting to be too ugly
even for my low standards.