Mike Marlow

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Yes, and people who don't care about ethics always have a way to
justify stealing what they want. Some of us here make our living
in the software industry, and take that sort of thing kind of

personally...

Very true, but it's more than that. It's not just software and those of us
who did, or currently do make our living off of it. It's the bigger issue
of theft. Those who justify any type of theft in the way that jamie tried
to are equally comfortable justifying another type of theft. It's just a
matter of applying a justification to it and the discomfort that should be
associated with it disappears. Theft is theft, whether it's software,
woodworking, music, or anything else. Sadly, our society is losing touch
with the simple moral issue associated with theft. It was unbelievable to
watch the battle over downloading music illegally play out. The
justifications presented were very revealing with respect to the American
attitude towards what the individual is "entitled" to, versus what the
simple matter of the law is.
--

-Mike-